Parent groups provide a safe place for parents/caregivers to go with their children for fun and friendship. Parents/caregivers and their children meet new people and do age appropriate activities together. Things you might do in a parent group include: songs, crafts, and stories. You will have the opportunity to make friends and share your parenting experiences with others.
No child care provided; parents and children bonding together
Available Parent Groups
- Read and Grow: Returns October 18, 2023. Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10-11:30am at Broadway Early Learning Center 1410 8th Ave. Longview, WA 98632. Register for the sessions you would like to attend at https://tinyurl.com/LongviewReadGrow23 . Families planning to attend playgroups at Broadway Learning Center are required to complete Longview School District's CHAMPS volunteer registration. Visit https://www.longviewschools.com/fam.../volunteerget-involved to learn more. Group does not meet when school is closed. Call 360-575-7452 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Free, sponsored by Longview Public Schools and Parents Place.
- Life Works Playgroup: Tuesdays from 9am to 11am. 906 New York ave. Longview. Life Works opens their sensory room to the public. Families with children birth to age 6 are welcome. Call 360-644-6870 to register. Free.
- Teen MOPS: This Mothers of Preschoolers group is specifically for moms 13-20yrs. old. They meet 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month in person at 1015 3rd Ave Longview. Dinner and childcare is provided.
- Beyond the Alphabet: For families with children birth through 7yrs. old. Offered by Youth and Familily LINK. This group meets the last Thursday of the month from 5:30-7pm. 907 Douglas st. Longview. Call 360-423-6741 for more information.
- Youth and Family LINK Open Gym: Fridays from 5:30-7:30pm. Free indoor space to run around with your children. 907 Douglas st. Longview, WA 98632. Call 360-423-6741 for more information.
- Parent Support for Families with Children with Extreme Behviors: Do you feel like nobody can relate to your parenting experiences due to your child's extreme behaviors? Come meet other families who share your experience. The group meets twice per month 6-7pm in person at 907 Douglas st. Longview. Go to www.linkprogram.org/parent-support-group-registration.html to sign up. Call 360-423-6741 for more information.
- Virtual Parent/Caregiver Support Group for Parents/Caregivers of Middle School Youth: Call to verify if this group is still meeting. An online discussion group with experienced parent educators. Topic of conversations will come from you, involve skill building, and celebrating parenting sucesses. 7:00pm on Tuesday evenings, beginning January 5. Call 360-261-3971 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Check your local library for story times and other activities.